Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb - Sounds off and cannot hear incoming calls

Hi,

I bought an used iPhone 4, running 6.1.2. This happens everytime I turn on Do Not Disturb: when I turn it off, I cannot hear people who call me, although they can hear my voice; the keyboard sound is off, so is the email, the text message sounds and some other sounds.

The only way I can fix this is by erasing all content and settings and restore it in iTunes. I haven't tried to just restore it, without erasing all content and settings first. After I restore it, the iPhone is back

I'm sure this just happens after I use the Do Not Disturb function, so now I cannot use it.

Anyone withe same problem? Any ideas?

Thank you!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2, 32GB

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 11:09 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2013 8:26 AM in response to KC7GNM

Thank you for your help, but the problem is that just by turning Do Not Disturb on, I lose much of the sounds when I turn it off. The lack of sound starts after I turn DND off. I know that with DND on the phone will not disturb me by ringing or vibrating, but when I turn it off (back to the "normal"settings), I can hear it ringing, but I cannot hear the voice of the person who's calling me, I cannot hear text messages sound, email sound or even keyboard sound (and it is not in silent mode). I have to reset everything and backup in iTunes - then it's all fixed. This means that I cannot use the DND function or else I will have to reset the phone everytime I do...

Do Not Disturb - Sounds off and cannot hear incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.