Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get Kindle books off my iPad and back on the computer?

I can't find a way to get the Kindle books off my iPad to make room for more.

iPad 2, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 11:41 AM

You touch the book on the shelf until it wiggles and there is an x above it, touch the x and delete will show up.

11 replies

Mar 8, 2013 12:16 PM in response to ntanquary

All your kindle books are held on your Kindle account on Amazon. The books will only be downloaded to devices (e.g. iPad and PC) if you have downloaded the Kindle App and registered that device with your Kindle account. By deleting them from your iPad, the books are still held on Amazon and you can download them as required to your Kindle-registered PC any time you want.

Mar 8, 2013 12:24 PM in response to ntanquary

Whysthishappening is correct. You can still access any book you delete from the app, either in it or on another device, anytime you wish.

To delete a book, make sure you are in the Device view (see the menu at the bottom of the app). Tap and hold the book. Tap Remove from Device. (all of your Amazon books on that account BTW, will still be visible on the Cloud view and can be downloaded.

how do I get Kindle books off my iPad and back on the computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.