Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird voicemails with no call log, and call forwarding issues iphone 5

Tonight I have received several weird voicemails, some with just background noise and some with someone talking in a foreign language, all from mobiles. The most weird thing is that no calls have just come in, ie there's no missed calls. I tried ringing my phone from the landline and it does ring, and I can leave messages, and it logs a a missed call as normal. Anyone any idea why I'm getting these weird voicemails and why I'm getting no missed calls.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I changed my ring time by calling **61*901*11*25#, and since then everytime I turn the phone off and back on again, or do a soft reset the call forwarding icon appears at the top of the screen (even though I haven't set call forwarding up so it just rings through as normal). [ If I go into settings and go to call forwarding it's already set to off, and as soon as I enter this screen the icon disappears. Anyone any idea why this is happening?

P.S. I'd post some images of the icon but the insert image is not working :-/

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 2:00 PM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2013 3:00 PM in response to snerkler1

You are welcome. Voicemail is service provided by the carrier, your phone only connects to their server and reads it for you in two possible forms as regular or visual voice mail. They(carrier) also would be the only one party able to confirm if there were actual calls made at the time. If they don't have that info, I would be hard pressed to figure who does. And "no" I didn't say there is no problem with the phone, but that is where I would start searching for understanding.

Weird voicemails with no call log, and call forwarding issues iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.