Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My right speaker sounds like blown only at the startup sound

I was recently cleaning up my macbook pro 15inch Intel Core 2 duo 2,4 Model macbookPro 5,1 and used onyx. After onyx finished its work it restarted the macbook and the right speaker sounded like blown. I played some music but the speaker was playing clear. I formatted the macbook and installed the same OS x but still the blown sound on startup remained. I upgraded to mountain lion but still the speakers sounds like blown only when computer starts up. I have cleanded the PRAM, PMU, fixed disk permissions but still is not going away. I am pretty sure is a problem of the software or something that onyx did to the system but have no idea what it is. anyone has an idea or something?

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo MacBookPro5,1

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 4:22 PM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2013 4:56 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Yes this boing sound sounds distorted. distorted like my right speaker is blown. But when the MBP gets into the operating system the speaker play with no distortion at all and really clean. I know myself about the genius bar but I am trying to find out if there is someone else that may already experienced this phenomenon and might have a fix for it or a solution.

My right speaker sounds like blown only at the startup sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.