Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use other partition for rendering while exporting new animation

I am using motion 5 on a partition already kind of full. There is 5 Go left. Which is way enough for my 30 seconds project. But here is the problem, when i export the animation, it cannot complete the task because my hard drive is then full : to export the movie it use my 5go of free space even if the animation at the end will only be few Mo. So I would like in the preferences make sure hat Motion is using I guess this temporary folder to render and export my movie using a partition with more than 100 Go that I have on my computer.

Thanks if you know how to do !

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:09 PM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2013 7:27 PM in response to Paxcou

All hard drives and partitions on any computer needs at least 10-15% of its total capacity left as free space, or you're asking for trouble eventually.

When you export from Motion, you can specify where you want to export to. I'm not sure what the issue is. Unless you're seeing the collapsed Save window. Click the disclosure triangle button to the right of the field where you type in the file name.

User uploaded file

Use other partition for rendering while exporting new animation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.