Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change audio output for itunes and web browsers

Hello,

I have an Allen and Heath Zed-R16 which is FireWire mixing board with 24 inputs and 24 outputs. These inputs are groups in to 2 12channel streams in each direction. The main left and right outputs for this board are channels 17 and 18. I can configure this to be the default output device in system preferences and I can configure the speaker output to me channels 17 and 18 in the audio Midi setup which lets the finder and QuickTime play out the correct channels. But itunes and web browsers keep playing audio out channels 1 and 2 which is a real problem because these are mic channels. I want to have itunes and safari play out channels 17 and 18 just like the finder and QuickTime do. But how?

I've tried resetting the p-ram, and I've tried unplugging, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them but to no avail. I'm running 10.8.2 on an 17 mini with 16gb of ram.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.

intel imac, powerbook, mini C2D, iphone 3gs, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:11 PM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2013 11:54 PM in response to BDAqua

None of the Audio Midi settings are getting changed from what I'm setting them to. I've tried various settings and sample rates, but nothing will send audio from iTunes or browsers to the outputs that I need to use. Changing the speaker setup does have a lasting effect on output from the finder and QuickTime though, just not iTunes or browsers.

Can't change audio output for itunes and web browsers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.