Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sustain pedal is like a key in my piano can I remove this?

Hey guys, I have a little problem. When I want record a song on my electric keyboard I connect my MIDI/USB wireless in the USB port but you I hit the sustain pedal it's like a note and the level go up to 127. So my question is can I remove the note associate to my sustain pedal and play like normally?

Thank

iDVD '08, Mac OS X (10.7.3), My computer is a MacBook pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 10:34 PM

I have a Yamaha P95 and had the same problem which really drove me crazy =,= I did all the researches and found that who had the similar problems are those who use Yamaha. And the fact is that some of the cables don't work well with Yamaha. (the $5 cable definitely has the issue. I don't know if M-calbe works but it might not work cause I saw some other posts talking about the pedal issues when coneccting some Yamaha)

So I tried to purchase a Yamaha brand MIDI/USB cable from Amazon, UX 16. Finally, it....... WORKS!!!!!! But it also took me time to find the updated driver and install it...

So you might have to download the driver from their website to see if it works on your system... cuz the CD coming with the cable doesn't work on my Mac (Guess because it came years ago)... Btw here's the link for downloading the latest driver: (If the link doesn't work you can search for it on yamaha's website as well)

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&categ ory_id1=16277&category_id2=16279&category_id3=16298&product_id=107905

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2013 10:34 PM in response to gabrielfromquebec

I have a Yamaha P95 and had the same problem which really drove me crazy =,= I did all the researches and found that who had the similar problems are those who use Yamaha. And the fact is that some of the cables don't work well with Yamaha. (the $5 cable definitely has the issue. I don't know if M-calbe works but it might not work cause I saw some other posts talking about the pedal issues when coneccting some Yamaha)

So I tried to purchase a Yamaha brand MIDI/USB cable from Amazon, UX 16. Finally, it....... WORKS!!!!!! But it also took me time to find the updated driver and install it...

So you might have to download the driver from their website to see if it works on your system... cuz the CD coming with the cable doesn't work on my Mac (Guess because it came years ago)... Btw here's the link for downloading the latest driver: (If the link doesn't work you can search for it on yamaha's website as well)

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&categ ory_id1=16277&category_id2=16279&category_id3=16298&product_id=107905

My sustain pedal is like a key in my piano can I remove this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.