Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen saver and Server problems

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far away I connected my old Mac Pro laptop to my iMac, experimenting with servers. I dont remember exactly what or why I was doing this.. but here's my problem....

I want to set a screen saver of pictures from my iPhoto library. Simple enough.

I launched System Preferences.

Clicked on Desktop & Screen Saver.

Once there, I chose one of the Slideshow screen savers. There, the sorce continues to read "Loading..." No matter how long I wait.

Also, every 30 seconds or so, I get a pop up that reads:

"The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again."

All i want to do is remove this server source and choose iPhoto. I've tried removing it from "Go/ Connect to server", and a few other methods. nothing has worked yet. Please Help!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 8:50 PM

1 reply

Screen saver and Server problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.