Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guest Network on Airport Extreme - Can't setting it

Hi to all,

I bought some Airport Extreme. I have installed the last one but I found a problem. I don't find the Guest Network setting tab in the airport utility. I try with my macbookpro OS Mountain Lion and with the ios app, all updated.

No bridge activate,

Thanks for helping me

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 2:54 AM

15 replies

Mar 9, 2013 12:30 PM in response to edex67

Use the Airport Utility 5.6. I had the same problem and lost a day. The setting seems to become available in there. I could not see my Guest Network either and neither was I in Bridge Mode. Numbingly frustrating. I could not install this version of the Airport Utility in my OSX 10.7.5 without using a software tool called 'Pacficist.' But once in, and it is only opening the package so you can drag the App to your harddrive, it worked fine. Thanks Apple for an incredibly time consuming and frustrating experience.

The most recent Airport Utility 6.2 does not support WDS, nor enable one to set the 'Allow Network to be extended' option, and drops other important functionality.

Mar 10, 2013 4:55 AM in response to edex67

Hi guys, thanks for replies.

I tried to reset and the guest network setting is appeared. After insert the setting (ip, subnet, gateway, wifi name and protection, dhcp) the network setting tab is disappeared again. Or the airport is faulty or my settings don't allow this feature. I'll try to insert the setting step by step and I'll let you know.

Guest Network on Airport Extreme - Can't setting it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.