Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to pdf print leopard 10.6.8 to adobe 11.0.02

all software uptodate. PDFs will often come out blank in Preview and will not print. Latest Adobe advice I can find relates to version 9 ?any ideas.

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 6:23 AM

6 replies

Mar 10, 2013 11:04 AM in response to baltwo

adobe plugin was not present in the library, I deleted the Reader XI 11.0.2 which I already had, re-downloaded that, restart, PDF still blank in Preview. Tried again with 10.1.4 (10.1.5 not listed on the Adobe download options) PDF still blank in Preview. Thanks for your advice but any other ideas? .......andrew

Mar 11, 2013 6:05 AM in response to 4andrew

I just spoke to Applecare, they kindly solved the problem.

Mousing to the base of the opened PDF opens the PDF control window, at the left of this there is a 'save to desktop' option.

R click on the desktop icon, choose 'open with preview' worked ok, the document now visuble and printed ok

Their final suggestion: Uninstall Reader altogether and keep it uninstalled, so any new PDFs will not automatically open, but require to be downloaded in normal way, allowing 'open with preview' option to be exercised

how to pdf print leopard 10.6.8 to adobe 11.0.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.