Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Vixia, Log & Transfer, .MTS help!

I have a Canon Vixia. I used to be able to use Log and Transfer to ingest the footage into my Final Cut Pro 7, but all of a sudden it doesn't work. My macbook doesn't even recognize the MTS files, they are greyed out when I use the "Add Volume" button. Did I do something to the camera? I tried various solutions on the apple forums and other sources like copying everything on the SD card and putting it on my desktop and pointing Log & Transfer to the Root folder, but nothing has worked thus far. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 10:33 AM

5 replies

Mar 9, 2013 11:37 AM in response to AllenCruz87

Are you sure your clips on the camera media are HD and not SD? Standard definition clips will not load through Log and Transfer.

Are your clips shot at 60p? 60p (60 progressive frames per second = 59.94p) are not supported by Log and Tansfer.

Do you have a mixture of frame rates, formats and still images on the card? There have been anecdotal reports of difficulties using Log and Transfer when there are mixed formats of media on the same card.

MtD

Mar 10, 2013 4:20 PM in response to Michael Grenadier

I'll definitely take a look at this and see what information I can provide. But yes I do need to check the manual and I'm sure I might find some answers, but the only reason I'm posting on these forums is becuase I've ingested the footage from this camera with great success before with Log & Transfer. It was easy and I was able to edit the clips with no problem at all, it was just very recently when I tried to do my routine of attaching the camera with the usb port to my mac, opening up Final Cut Pro, and using Log & Transfer to import the clips. I gave it a few minutes until I tried to "Add Volume" and found out the MTS files were greyed out. I just don't know what changed in the last few weeks that caused this to happen.

Mar 10, 2013 5:21 PM in response to AllenCruz87

If you have made no changes to your camera, and Log and Transfer has suddenly stopped working - the first step is to trash your FCP preferences.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1846?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The easy way to do that is to download Preference Manager (free) from Digital Rebellion:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Preference Manger will let you archive your existing preferences if you should want to return to them.

If you trash your preferences, restart FCP and have the same problem, post back.

Also, when looking in your manual, see if your camera has a feature that will correct/fix the directory structure on the camera storage card.

MtD

Canon Vixia, Log & Transfer, .MTS help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.