Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto '11, Slideshow. How to separate two photos in one slide to one pic each slide?

I've only seen how to put two pics into one slide, not the opposite. I'm in the vintage prints theme. Any suggestions?

I know iPhoto isn't the best software to be making slideshows in but it came with my MacBook Pro so I'm giving it a try :]

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 2:59 PM

You can't change that part of the Vintage Print theme. If you only want one photo per slide for all slides pick another theme, maybe the Classic theme.

OT

6 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:46 PM in response to SavvieDubya

In iPhoto version 9.5.1, if you select a photo that is in a 2 photo slide and change it to a text slide, it separates the two photos, then just delete the text slide indicator in the slide bar. I'm not sure if this will work in 11, but it does in 9.5.1. I was trying to mess around with the number of slides and timing of the photos and found that when I increased the minimum time per slide it didn't always put me further along in the song because the number of double slides kept changing (yes, I know there's the auto distribute option based on the length of the song).

Sep 22, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Gretsch27

Hello there.

I was hoping your suggestion of adding a text slide to avoid having 2 pictures on one slide using the "Vintage" Theme would help. But I am in the latest iPhoto, which is now called Photos. Have you any suggestions? I can't even figure out how to even add a text slide.

Any advice would be most appreciated!!

Cheers,

DA

Sep 22, 2015 9:50 AM in response to DA3411

Create a blank, black 4:3 size ratio image and save as a jpeg. Anything around 1600 x 1200 pixels is good. Import that into iPhoto and use is as a title slide and add the text to it via the small blue plus button at the right:

User uploaded file

However, if you use the Vintage theme you can have just the black image fill the screen. It would be like the other photos.

The blank image file will work very well with the Classic or Ken Burns themes. Or duplicate a file use it as the title slide in front of a duplicate copy of the photo as a normal slide.

iPhoto '11, Slideshow. How to separate two photos in one slide to one pic each slide?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.