Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 locked to network.

New to the Community. Please, help, help, help.

I have just bought an iPhone 5, at a Cash Converter store. Then the problem started. It is locked to 02 network. Which i feel, is the worst network for a smartphone. 02 is very mean on data allowance, which limits the enjoyment of any smartphone. As a new owner of the iphone 5, bought ligitimately from a store and with the bill of sale to prove it. Then, why should any network have the right to restrict the new owner's choice to move on to other network? In reality, the phone does not belong to me, even thought i paid for it. It's still the property of 02. Complete joke.

Please, how can i get this phone unlocked?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 12:16 PM

6 replies

Mar 9, 2013 1:15 PM in response to i4apple

Only the network the phone is locked to can legally authorize unlocking it. If you don't meet their requirements, then you're not going to get it unlocked.

If you hate O2 so much, then why in the world did you purchase a phone that's locked to them?

Return it and get your money back and buy a phone from a legitimate source instead of whining about it.

Iphone 5 locked to network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.