Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator work flow

Hello Pandits

I have made a work flow for Automator to eject a external hard drive

User uploaded file

I want to save this in my desk top as an application or some item such that I can execute it.

My second query is how to make the computer go to sleep on clicking this icon in one stroke.

Please help

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 6:18 PM

Badrakumar,

Welcome!

This is easy actually. See below workflow. What you have above is a folder action. If you copy what I have below, change the external hard drive location and Save As an app, then all you have to do is click on it and it will do exactly what you want.

Here it is:

User uploaded file

Or you can download the one I made. Double click on it and it will open in Automator and then change the external drive and then Save As an App and call it what you want.

Here is the download:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/2S2N0E3B1Z3X1U3E3X1C/Eject%20and%20Sleep.w orkflow.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJEFUZRCWSLB2QA5Q&Expires=1362885484&Signature=SuW r9p786dR4vS9nzyX%2FCtiO%2B7w%3D&response-content-disposition=attachment

Good luck.

Regards,

Phil

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2013 6:18 PM in response to Badrakumar

Badrakumar,

Welcome!

This is easy actually. See below workflow. What you have above is a folder action. If you copy what I have below, change the external hard drive location and Save As an app, then all you have to do is click on it and it will do exactly what you want.

Here it is:

User uploaded file

Or you can download the one I made. Double click on it and it will open in Automator and then change the external drive and then Save As an App and call it what you want.

Here is the download:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/2S2N0E3B1Z3X1U3E3X1C/Eject%20and%20Sleep.w orkflow.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJEFUZRCWSLB2QA5Q&Expires=1362885484&Signature=SuW r9p786dR4vS9nzyX%2FCtiO%2B7w%3D&response-content-disposition=attachment

Good luck.

Regards,

Phil

Automator work flow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.