Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear Spotlight History

Settings > General > Spotlight Search > Check Messages > General

Go to Spotlight and do a search for anything that brings up old messages

Settings > General > Spotlight Search > Uncheck Messages > General

Go to Spotlight and do a search for anything that brings up old messages

Repeat this process until Messages IS checked in Spotlight Search settings but no old messages are found when doing a search.

The process can take as little as few times or up to several times. However, eventually the index will be reset.

I’ve tested this extensively and it works to clear Spotlight Cache of old deleted Messages.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2, Clear Cache Index

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 2:53 PM

6 replies

Sep 20, 2015 5:19 PM in response to Skittles90

I arrived here after searching for an answer to clearing my spotlight search history. And as I am sure there will be others who need an answer to this for use on their iMac computers, I thought I would share with you, no techno jive, but a simple process I have discovered completely by accident, but certainly answers the original question. Select 'Spotlight', If you have never cleared your search history a drop-down menu will appear, revealing all your past searches. Select any one of them and at the same time press the 'Back-space' key and hey presto! All gone! Simples! 🙂

Clear Spotlight History

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.