Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find film

That is the message I get frequently,I take the Americans see can't find movie. I don't think I use iTunes, although I don't relly know what it is, so the message is only an annoyance but I would be interested in knowing how to stop it appearing.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 5:51 PM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2013 7:53 PM in response to Demo

Then it appears that you can't help me doesn't it? But on the off chance that you can; the message appeared when I switched on, it was in a little blue box and said 'Can't find film', not 'movie'.

I thought that it might be a response to something I wanted the iPad to do; find a film perhaps, which is the reason I mentioned iTunes which I assumed to be the more likely generator of such a message.

The first time I simply cancelled since it gave that option, there was an option to OK it and since the message seemed apropos of FA, I did that once too.

It annoys me only because I was under the misapprehension that Apple was user friendly to people who know nothing about the insides of computers, I can live with the fact that it isn't, especially since, apart from two posts here, the rest of the four or so hours I have been using it has been devoted to unsuccessful attempts at signing-in to this community and consequent changes of passwords.

Mar 9, 2013 8:56 PM in response to Tgeezer

I also lost my bookmarks and solved the problem by taking the advice which you gave another poster; shut down and restarted. So I know,that you are credible so have another question.

When the iPad started this time, there was no message about films but there was a similar box asking for my password, I hit cancel.

I have been having time consuming problems with passwords ever since I have had this thing, about six months. if a password is required surely one can't just cancel it, so who sends these messages and apart from wasting hours what other effect can they have?

Can't find film

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.