Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Newbie + Viewsonic VX2450WM monitor. Need HDMI to DVI adapter? What cords needed?

Mac Mini Newbie here.

Getting the Viewsonic VX2450WM monitor for it. There is no HDMI on this monitor, but reviews said it's Mac mini compatible.

Do I need to get an additional cord? HDMI to DVI adapter cable? Does the supplied short white cord inside Mac Mini packaging suffice?

Thank you!

Art

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 8:57 PM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2014 10:38 AM in response to SKDiver

No, the HDMI on Mini only support digital VGA is analogue

Can the HDMI port drive analog displays (VGA displays for example) using adapters?

No. The HDMI port will drive digital connections—such as DVI—using the adapter that came with the Mac mini, but cannot be used for analog displays such as VGA. You can purchase a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter separately to drive analog displays.

The above is from

Mac mini (Mid 2010) and later: Frequently asked questions about HDMI

SKDiver wrote:

It doesn't. I think we need an HDMI to VGA adapter. I'm not sure and waiting for help!

Earlier Minis did not have HDMI port

Mac Mini Newbie + Viewsonic VX2450WM monitor. Need HDMI to DVI adapter? What cords needed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.