Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bacj to SL

Not sure this is the right place for this but:

I thought I was making a good choice by going to Lion then ML from SL but it turns out it was a mistake that cost me $ tha tI really didn't want to waste. Lion had it's faults but it was tolerable, and I thought ML would solve/correct them, at least some of them, but appartnelty it did not, at least on my iMac. ML has some really good features but it is also plagued with all kinds of problems from start to work. I am tinking I want to go back to SL and to a system that worked every time I started up. I've been a Macnut for many years but I've always been one to say 'if it aint broke don't fix it" and that appears to be just exactly what Apple did with Lion then ML. The money I spent "Upgrading" taught me a good lesson, never upgradet again until the new OS works, and that may take some time. I've had problems with many applications since "upgrading" to Lion then ML, from iPhoto to you name it. Sometimes the computer freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to turn it off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on again, all with the power button of course, because nothing else works.

There, I've had my say.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 9:00 AM

Insert the Mac OS X 10.6 install DVD, restart with the C key held down, and install it onto a blank partition or drive. If you have a bootable clone or Time Machine backup of your Mac OS X 10.6 system, you can restore it instead.

(78458)

11 replies

Mar 10, 2013 11:21 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric. Can I install SL on the sasme volume as ML? don't know much about some of this stuff except I know I am getting tired of work arounds in ML. If I have to do it on a partition then I will not be able to because I have to partition the HD to put Winoows on it for my wife's work. I do have SL on an external drive but I don't have the original iWork disk to install Pages and Numbers, which means I will have to buy them again right?, and will the new versions install on the external SL?

Live and learn I guess.

Chuck

Mar 10, 2013 11:35 AM in response to charlesfromcorrales

1st question - yes, but it requires its own partition.

If your hard drive is large enough and has enough free space, you can have 3 partitions. Since I work mostly in Mountain Lion, my Snow Leopard partition is 50 GB, of which 24+ GB is free space.

How do you plan to install Windows - Boot Camp or other software.

I was able to copy iLife (I don't have i Work) from my Snow Leopard partition to my Mountain Lion partition, update them using the App Store, and they work fine.

New versions may not work in Snow Leopard.

Bacj to SL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.