Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I find the rental option on itunes for certain moves or tv shows?

I'm going on a long trip and want to rent a bunch of movies and TV shows (like the Avengers) for the plane flights. According to the iTunes web site, you can definitely rent the Avengers but there's no mention of there being things you cannot rent. However, when I go to iTunes, I see only the "buy" option and no button for renting. As I do not want to buy these movies but merely want to rent, I do not want to buy them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

15" PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 1:06 PM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:59 AM in response to Tecumseh

Yes. I also checked a few movies which i rented sometime ago. Such Elysium for instance. And Apple removed button "Rent". Now it's only for sale. It's sad. Because before i was willing to pay 5-6 US dollars to rent and watch movie in good quality. But now i'm gonna download it for free from torrent site, convert it quickly and watch on apple tv, using home library. Obviously, regular customer is not going to spend 15-18 USD to buy movie, only sometimes. Basically distributor just loosing this money from rentals and supporting torrent trackers.... Sad..

why can't I find the rental option on itunes for certain moves or tv shows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.