Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Music in iTunes & iTunes Match songs

What happenes to the song when its deleted in iTunes and the "delete in iCloud" is also checked? I'm assuming it deletes everywhere. What I want to do is delete it from iCloud without deleting from iTunes but I haven't found that option. I want to manage my iCloud music so I don't go over 20k songs.

iOS 6.1.2, iTunes

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 1:56 PM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2013 2:18 PM in response to Brandon10C

You have to delete it from both; you can't keep it in your iTunes library but delete it from iTunes Match. In other words, when iTunes Match is updated on your computer, it will rescan your entire library. If you keep songs in your library causing it to exceed 25,000 songs, you will exceed the maximum limit for iTunes Match. You can, of course, delete it from your library and from iCloud and still not delete the song from your computer.

Mar 10, 2013 6:14 PM in response to Brandon10C

You're welcome. The song limit is 25,000. The only way I know to manage a larger library by deleting songs from your library and iCloud, but not from your computer to keep it under this limit. Then swapping out songs by deleting some from your library and iCloud, importing replacement songs back to your library, then updating iTunes Match.

Deleted Music in iTunes & iTunes Match songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.