Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete all emails in inbox on ipad

How do I delete all emails at once in the ipad inbox

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 3:10 PM

55 replies

Oct 7, 2017 1:41 PM in response to andielee77

1. Log in to you main email provider server. (@gmail.com or @msn.com or your private server @ using mail.yourname.com)

2. in your main email provider server... clean out your thousands of emails... (they have a delete all function) and keep just the ones you want to keep (or none)

3. delete that particular email from your ipad completely. (example delete joe.do@gmail.com)

4. Close your ipad and reboot.

5. re-install that email... from zero (example add an email... joe.do@gmail.com)

When you have succesfully re-installed that same email... it will start to “populate” automatically... and just those mails you kept from 2. above will show on your ipad.

Note: populate means the emails on your main server start installing themselves on your new device...

Oct 27, 2017 6:54 PM in response to Nikki2250

To All still having email issues with deleting all emails from the iOS Mail app in iOS 10 and 11.

Life is too short.

Long ago, I just switched out iOS email clients, instead, and I never looked back!

Instead of waiting out Apple and the iOS software team to straighten out all of the issues with the iOS 10 and 11 Mail app, which I think WON'T happen anytime soon, if you want to bring back all of the previous goodness about iOS Mail and get a few more bells and whistles, in the process, take a look at this third party iOS email client simply called,

Email

If you are a Google Mail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail user, here is a almost exact replacement for iOS Mail that adds back all of the missing functionalities in iOS 10 Mail app and adds even more.

The most recent update adds a few more email services, now, so read the update details!

One user has successfully gotten this to work with their AOL account, if anyone is still using AOL.

Look at this nearly exact email app replacement for the previous version iOS 9 of iOS Mail.

I really like this email app a WHOLE LOT better than the stock Apple iOS Mail App while still looking very much like the standard iOS Mail App.

This is a real beautiful email app to use and, if you are a large iPad Pro user, then this email app's UI really shines!

This app only works with all the listed compatible services with IMAP accounts only!

Email

Email - mail for Gmail Yahoo iCloud & Hotmail by Easilydo Inc.

https://appsto.re/us/wAla3.i

One of the real nice things about this app as it has a setting to allow the Safari web browser to open right up inside of this mail app.

Which is super convenient and quick!

If anyone can use this iOS Mail app replacement.

You're Welcome!

May 25, 2013 9:11 PM in response to 0615

You actually can:

it took me weeks of research to figure out finally how to decode this yet another secretive secrets of apple. there is a perfect way of deleting ALL emails at once without jailbreaking your iphone or ipad...and here it is:

Open Inbox>>EDIT >> check/select the top message, it will highlight the move button >>press and hold the move button and uncheck the message that you had checked earlier >> lift all your fingers off from the ipad screen and leave it alone. wait until all your messages pile up on the right hand portion of the screen (in ipad). iphone will give you the actual number of emails it has selected for the action. now they are just waiting for your command to be moved ALL at once. >> choose trash to delete all of them or any other folder where u want to move them, like one piece. remember this will replicate your action on the server so u will ACTUALLY move them or delete them on the server and not just the ipad.

once you have moved all messages to trash you can either leave them there for the scheduled cleaning or empty it right away by doing this: go to trash folder and click edit. the delete all button shows up at the bottom of the screen. hit it! you r done!

if you do not see effects of your actions on the server make sure you have enabled Your email accounts for such actions.

tips:

1. please give enough time (could take upto several minutes depending the number of emails to be moved) for the emails to be selected for the move. your screen will become unresponsive while all emails are being packaged. once emails are ready, in ipad, you will see them zoomed out on the right hand side of the screen, and in iphone you will see the message showing you the actual number of messages that have been selected.

2. avoid purging very large number of emails, the mail app might freeze or crash. if your inbox has thousands of emails change your sync settings in mail settings to fill lesser number of emails in you inbox

Nov 2, 2013 7:24 PM in response to Destef_12

Wow. thank you! This worked within 60 seconds to delete 6371 emails!

I followed your instructions to a T but I was using my iphone5 and not an ipad.

The emails popped up on the upper Left and I waited 20 seconds before hitting Trash becasue I couldn't believe the system had collected them so quickly. After I hit Trash, it took about 10 more seconds and whoosh they were gone. They are now in my trash and will be deleted in 7 days. Very happy! Thanks!

how to delete all emails in inbox on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.