Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Close the Loop For LaunchPad?

The LaunchPad interface is a nice way to help migrate over those new OS X users who have previous iOS experience.

Isn't there some way to close the loop by always having OS X return the user to the LaunchPad screen after they quit an application?

I've been looking into AppleScript and Automator, and sense maybe there's an avenue there but haven't yet found how this could be done. There are some scripts out there that purport to close all visible applications, and I guess one could insert 'tell application "Launchpad" activate' but I'm not sure that's the best way. Better to have the re-launch triggered on an application quit.

Is there something third-party that already exists?

Thanks.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion, Core 2 Duo, late 2009, 8 GB RAM

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 4:18 PM

6 replies

Mar 10, 2013 6:32 PM in response to Barney-15E

That seems a bit harsh.

Consider that the whole point of LaunchPad is to provide an iOS style desktop. That Apple has incorporated almost the same functionality as iOS provides with regard to moving apps into folders, deleting apps, rearranging apps and launching apps. Yes, it's OS X but Apple has created this interface and all I'm suggesting is it would help to have some way to finish the job.

I just saw on LifeHacker a new application called TaskBoard which brings to the Mac the functionality of the iOS multitasking tray. This was followed by six comments from folks with sarcastic responses like yours.

I would still like to know if this is something that can be scripted or otherwise implemented.

How to Close the Loop For LaunchPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.