Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My classic OS9 applications will not open

My Classic OS9 applications will not open, and I cannot find the classic OS9 application showing in the preferences window.I tried installing Classic OS9 on a disc I had from another computer but maybe it was the wrong disc

eMac (ATI Graphics), Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 6:45 PM

It should be to the right of the accounts.

User uploaded file

Classic:

User uploaded file

If you can find a system running classic, you may drag & drop this folder to you mac. You need to have a PPC.

You may need to bless the folder. For get how. Think you drag the system file out of this folder then drage it back. There is a Terminal bless command too. Try google.

Robert

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2013 6:45 PM in response to bboshart1

It should be to the right of the accounts.

User uploaded file

Classic:

User uploaded file

If you can find a system running classic, you may drag & drop this folder to you mac. You need to have a PPC.

You may need to bless the folder. For get how. Think you drag the system file out of this folder then drage it back. There is a Terminal bless command too. Try google.

Robert

Mar 11, 2013 7:28 PM in response to rccharles

Charles:

I have a eMac with OS9 Classic, the iMac has the apparently missing OS9 Classic. I am not sure the classic folder looks liked, I dagged what I thought was the system folder to the eMac desktop, but nothing happened. I guess I am not sure of what I am doing, and I don't want to mess things up

The eMac has a folder called system folder, but does not have the 9 on it, From the begining I put the OS9 Classic applications in this folder. The original folder got lost.

After getting the above resoved, how do I get the classic on the eMac to the iMac

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Bob

Mar 12, 2013 11:25 AM in response to bboshart1

Here is apple's take on the subject.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1929

Try this:

1) on your eMac update the machine to 9.2.2

-- ( it needs to be 9.2.2 I think & do not know if you can update to 9.2.2

on Mac OS X. I think you can update on X, but not 100% sure. )

2) get a flash drive

3) format to flashdrive to Mac OS extended

-- ( guess you could use journaled. )

-- ( need to perserve resource forks.)

4) copy the folder

System Folder

to the flash drive.

-- ( this is the mac os 9 folder. Only the Max OS X will/may have the 9 on the folder. )

-- ( do not move it on emac like to the desktop etc. )

5) copy to your iMac.

6) Bless classic folder. See http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1929 for how.

Let me know how it goes. Could try it out since I have Classi running in a partition on this machine.

My classic OS9 applications will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.