Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages iCloud fails to autosave

I have lost my assignemnts... twice... over the past month. It shows a few sentences that i wrote in the first 2 minutes, the rest gone. Driving me insaine, I bought this ipad to use for school work and now I cant even trust it to save my work. Apple should seriously pick up their game. I tried re-installing it after the first failed autosave (1000 words down the drain), yet it still occured again. Im not happy and cant trust Apple's Pages anymore. Is anyone else having this isse?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 5:52 PM

6 replies

Mar 10, 2013 7:15 PM in response to VikingOSX

Im currently using that latest update (V 1.7.2). I have experienced the issue in both V 1.7.2 and V 1.7.1 but not before then. I do use iCloud. The document icon on the pages dashboard shows the whole document but when I open the document up, it only shows at most the first few sentences that I wrote. Strange

I re-installed it after I first encountered the issue, yet it occured again. Im finding it hard to do work on my ipad with confidence now

Mar 10, 2013 7:35 PM in response to VikingOSX

The first time it happened I tried everything to retrevie the lost data with no luck. I have closed my background applications and cycled my ipad power this time, also with no luck. I tried going on iCloud.com and emailing it to other ipads in various formats, without success. I had no issues with 6.1.2 or proir versions. It's only a rare glitch that seems to get me when I least expect it, however, after already losing hundreds and hundreds of unsaved words in my assignements over the last month or two, im scared I'll loose more in the future.

Hopefully this issue is assesed within the next version upgrade.

Mar 10, 2013 8:03 PM in response to VikingOSX

From my understanding the restore slider recreates the 'getting started' guide that may have been deleted in the pages document menu. It gives those who have lost their work false hopes after seeing that 'restore' slider!

Anyway I'm hoping that there's an update released soon the will eradicate my problem. Thanks for your help VikingOSX

Pages iCloud fails to autosave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.