Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I buy a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?

I am going to be graduating from High School in a little over a year and will be buying a laptop for college. I've been saving for a while and will be until the end of my senior year next year (I'm a junior now). My dilemma is that I don't know what to get. I'm not going to be photo, video, or audio editing but I will be on it a lot. It will mainly be used for browsing the Internet, YouTube, Twitter, research, and creating presentations and papers for classes. It will also likely be used for iTunes and music storage and listening to music while working on it. All that being said I still want something very fast, with a good display, and decent storage. I know the MacBook Pro is better in all these places but it is much more expensive, will the Air cut it? Will it be fast enough to run multiple tabs on the Internet and be listening to music and writing a paper and not slow down? I'd really like some input, I have a long time to decide but I want to be able to set a goal instead of not being sure.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2200$ maximum price IF NEEDED

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 5:48 PM

Seems like the air will be sufficient, and who knows how much more powerful they will be when you are in the market if newer MacBook Air models are released.

4 replies

Should I buy a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.