Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I cut down, password entry from every 2min, down to just login?

OK besides the fact the apples operating system is a really big guantlet of permissions, and not to mention that the OS seems unfinished. just to get it to work right and be bareable, I have to keep adding 3rd party programs from everything from Stopping the fan from blowing at full blast because Apple dosn't want yoou to Repair, replace or mod you're HDD drive.

Doing so waks your EFI to ****, it disables fan and tempature sensors so you are forced to just do everything thru them and there "Genius Bar". Well anyway "I'm not here to just complain thou." I'm Tired of Having to enter my password every two minutes for Admissions, Im the only one that uses this computer and I feel that having a login password suffices and not having to enter it after every click.

I like being Secure but it is very conter productive having to enter it this much.

How do I disable all passwords after login and just put them back after i sign off?

I know the Terminal Command to turn off all locks but I'm kinda hoping for some different and more practicle ways.

Thank in advance

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 1:58 AM

2 replies

Mar 11, 2013 5:03 AM in response to ccoo84

Stopping the fan from blowing at full blast because Apple dosn't want yoou to Repair, replace or mod you're HDD drive.

I've replaced Hard drives in all kinds of Macs. No fans blowing full blast. You must have damaged something when you replaced it.

I like being Secure but it is very conter productive having to enter it this much.

How do I disable all passwords after login and just put them back after i sign off?

I know the Terminal Command to turn off all locks but I'm kinda hoping for some different and more practicle ways.

If you're getting authentication dialogs all the time, you've likely mucked up the permissions on your home folder using that "Terminal Command to turn off all locks" or something similar.

If it is asking for keychain passwords, that would be either because you set keychain to lock after a period of time, or you changed your keychain password to something different than your login.

How do I cut down, password entry from every 2min, down to just login?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.