Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ultrabeat - Step sequencer patterns & regions

Hi,

Is there a way to reflect changes made in Ultrabeat’s step sequencer directly and instantly to the corresponding region in the Arrange view?

Let’s assume that I have made a pattern with UB’s step sequencer, and then drag&dropped that pattern to the Arrange view as a region and that region is then copied to multiple places on the track. Then later I decide to modify the pattern by e.g. adding a hi-hat and also routing the snare to an individual output instead of main output.

If I do these changes in Ultrabeat, these changes will NOT appear in the respective region. I could add the hi-hat in the piano roll, but I would prefer to use UB. And I must use UB to do the routing change.

Is this just a feature of UB, or is there a solution? Otherwise all the previous regions need to be replaced by the modified pattern manually, I suppose…

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Sir74

Logic Pro

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 1:19 AM

No feature in UB, but check out using Aliases instead of region copies. For instance instead of option-drag to copy your region, use shift+option-drag to make an alias instead. When you make the change in UB, delete the original and select "keep" in the warning box. Drag the newly changed pattern to the old region's spot and the orphaned aliases should update. Naming regions goes a long way with avoiding confusion later on. Look in the manual for more info on orphans and reassigning aliases and experiment to find the quirks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2013 1:19 AM in response to Sir74

No feature in UB, but check out using Aliases instead of region copies. For instance instead of option-drag to copy your region, use shift+option-drag to make an alias instead. When you make the change in UB, delete the original and select "keep" in the warning box. Drag the newly changed pattern to the old region's spot and the orphaned aliases should update. Naming regions goes a long way with avoiding confusion later on. Look in the manual for more info on orphans and reassigning aliases and experiment to find the quirks.

Ultrabeat - Step sequencer patterns & regions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.