Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail delete email from server?

I have a POP email acount. I would like to set up Mail on my iPhone so that I can receive email on my iPhone when I am out of the office. However I also want my emails to download to my iMac when I am back in the office. Hence I don't want the iPhone to delete the email from the server after retrieving a message. I want the emails to stay on the server until I download them on my iMac.

Anyone know if Mail on the iPhone deletes email from the server or not? Please remember this is for a POP account.

Thank you

Mark

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:18 AM

By default, the Mail app on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch will never delete messages from the server. You have to change this under advanced.

1 reply

Mail delete email from server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.