Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirroring no audio

Hello i just upgrate to mountain lion 10.8.2 when i use airplay to apple tv only stream video but no audio any ideas?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:47 AM

6 replies

Mar 11, 2013 5:52 AM in response to Incaitunes

Do you meet the following Requirements for Airplay Mirroring?:

Requirements for AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

An Apple TV

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software update v5.0 or later. See How to update Apple TV software.

Supported Macs: AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion takes advantage of the hardware video encoding capabilities of 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core processors. Hardware video encoding allows AirPlay Mirroring to efficiently deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models have processors that support AirPlay Mirroring:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)

Apr 19, 2013 11:05 PM in response to Incaitunes

It is frustrating that going into system preferences is required when it should automatically switch the audio to the Apple TV without this additional step -- seems to be a bug in Airplay mirroring functionality.

I have found that a reboot gets it working correctly as well. After a fresh reboot, the audio automatically switches to Apple TV when enabling Airplay mirroring. Of course, this extra step shouldn't be needed (just like it shouldn't require going into system preferences).

Mirroring no audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.