Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AT&T Unlocked iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1 and WiFi Keeps Disconnecting

I have an AT&T unlocked iphone 4 on iOS 6.1 and my wifi keeps disconnecting. I have to reset the Network settings EVERY day. How do I find auto login and set it so that my iphone will automatically connect to my home wireless network?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 6:53 AM

11 replies

Mar 11, 2013 6:57 AM in response to twin_mother724

Just in case there are issues with the iPhone and router, work through Troubleshooting tips. Also go into Settings > WiFi and choose your network then Forget network and Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, then do a reboot, hold both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears and it restarts, ignoring the red slider if it appears. Then go to Settings and WifFi and reselect and enter the necessary info for your wireless and see if that clears things up.

Mar 11, 2013 6:59 AM in response to twin_mother724

This has nothing to do with the unlock. There are several possible causes of this symptom:

1. You never changed your network SSID from its default, and your phone has "seen" other networks with the same name, so it isn't sure which is yours.
  2. Your router needs to be rebooted by turning it off for 30 seconds or so.
  3. Your router firmware is out of date - check the manufacturer's web site for an update.
  4. The network information on the phone is corrupted. First, tap on the ">" next to the network name and then Forget this network". Then try to connect again.
  5. If 4. doesn't work go to Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings

One of these should fix it.

Mar 11, 2013 11:28 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for your reply. I didn't "ignore" your question, I simply don't feel it has anything to do with my wireless router since all other devices (i.e. ipad and ipods) are able to access ANY time whether I leave my home then come back. It is only with this iphone that was recently updated to iOS 6.1.2. I have read MANY support questions posted by others with the same issue and all believe it to be a bug with the latest update. Are you an Apple employee who can say without a doubt this is not a bug??

Mar 11, 2013 1:05 PM in response to twin_mother724

I am not an Apple employee. I read the forums pretty constantly, and any real bugs show up immediately with thousands of posts about them. There are no posts about the problem that you are having, at least not following any pattern. There were a couple a year ago, as I recall, and scattered onces that go back 5 years. And most were fixed by changing the network name, a couple by replacing the router. If it's a bug, it's a very elusive one that has not been fixed through over a dozen releases of iOS.

Mar 11, 2013 2:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

After more research, I was able to find the resolution. Essentially, this is what I did:

- turned off Cellular

- removed SIM

- reinserted SIM

- turned on Cellular

Have left my home and put my phone in sleep mode multiple times and my wifi stays connected!! Thanks to all who responded and I hope these instructions can help others resolve the same issue.

AT&T Unlocked iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1 and WiFi Keeps Disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.