Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring deleted iCal calendars and reading iCal log?

Hello,

I am running OS X Server 10.6.8, and one of the features I have enabled is iCal. Several people at our office have access to this Caldav account (just one account signed in on multiple machines/calendars). Over the weekend something (or someone) happened and now all but 1 of the calendars are gone! So I have a few questions, and I'm hoping someone can help answer them...

1. If a user deletes calendars, are they actually gone? Do they remove themselves from the server/user machines, or is the information still there just not being displayed?

2. Can I restore the calendars from a Time Machine backup? According to this article from Apple, I cannot: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH8417

3. The log has been running at Debug for a few weeks, so theres a ton of information to sort through. I have little to no idea of what the log is saying, I can't really make heads or tails of it. The only thing I am interested in is the deleted calendars - who, what, when, and where? Does anybody know how to weed through the logs to find this information?

Please let me know if anyone can offer any help, it would be much appreciated. If you need more info/system specs please let me know. Thanks!

Mac mini, OS X Server, OS X Server 10.6.8

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:26 AM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2013 9:05 AM in response to gcp7777777

In answer to my own question, you can indeed restore the iCal data from Time Machine. By restoring the entire /Library/CalendarServer folder I was able to re-attained my missing calendars.

But the question of reading the log still irks me - can anyone help me sort through these logs to find exactly when the calendars were deleted? Any tips for sorting, or keyworks to filter, to help me locate what happend? Many thanks in advance.

Restoring deleted iCal calendars and reading iCal log?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.