Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac won't read a cd

I've looked everywhere for the answer to this without much luck so I hope someone can help. An old PC had some pictures I wanted to keep so I burned them onto a disk. Played the disk or another pc and they worked just fine. Today I tried adding them into my iPhoto and can't even open the cd. It appears like nothing is on it but it plays just fine on other computers. Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:56 AM

7 replies

Jun 24, 2014 8:06 AM in response to seventy one

Sorry I didn't get back earlier but I had my computer at Apple. They were stumped as well and after trying a few times got it to actually recognize it. They said it is probably dirty and that's causing the problem. They said that the cost of a repair would cost more than just buying an external disk. I guess that's what I would do but I'm replacing the computer anyway so while they got it to work I had them put the photos in iPhoto so it's no longer an issue. But thank you for your interest and all the help you offered.

my mac won't read a cd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.