Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 42404

This error constantly appeared after downloading iTunes V11.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I contacted Apple Support and they patiently went through the error tracking with me. After an hour and a half the problem was solved.

The first step was to uninstall iTunes and all Apple products on my computer but had to be in a set uninstall sequence via the Control Panel/Program/Uninstall: - 1. iTunes; 2. QuickTime; 3. Apple Software Update; 4. Apple Mobile Device Support: 5. Bonjour; 6. Apple Application Support; 7. Restart computer.

I then had to go through all the Program folders, Common folder and Windows System32 folders and find and delete any Apple Folders that were still visible.

(Unhide Hidden Folders in the Folder/Organize option first).

They gave me a link for the download (my OS is Windows 7 x64 bit) and after installing all was well and the error didn't appear.

The link I was given is : - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1615?viewlocale=en_US

Hope this helps, it took hours to try and solve before resorting to contacting Apple so this may prevent you having to do the same!

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 10:19 AM

There are no replies.

Error 42404

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.