Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I Fade to Black in the MIDDLE of my movie?

Hello,

Is there anyway to do this? I want to Fade to Black and have the following clip play without fading in. Currently, when I apply Fade To Black between two clips it fades out of one clip and into the next which is not what I want to do! Is there any work around on this?

Thanks!

J

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 8:22 AM

You could try this ;

From the Title Browser T select, say, Lower Third . Drag this and place between your two clips A and B. Select your background as Black. Now delete the Text that you see . It is now just black, ie no text.

Now place a Cross Dissolve between clip A and the black text box.

You now have clip A then cross dissolve then black text box and then clip B.

You will need to play around with the timings but try cross dissolve at 0.21 and the black text box at 0.22

You may want to de-select 'Applies to all transitions" so as to not affect other transitions you have set up

This is not ideal and no doubt there is a better way of doing this, but it was all I could think of at this time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2013 8:22 AM in response to jrc362

You could try this ;

From the Title Browser T select, say, Lower Third . Drag this and place between your two clips A and B. Select your background as Black. Now delete the Text that you see . It is now just black, ie no text.

Now place a Cross Dissolve between clip A and the black text box.

You now have clip A then cross dissolve then black text box and then clip B.

You will need to play around with the timings but try cross dissolve at 0.21 and the black text box at 0.22

You may want to de-select 'Applies to all transitions" so as to not affect other transitions you have set up

This is not ideal and no doubt there is a better way of doing this, but it was all I could think of at this time.

Can I Fade to Black in the MIDDLE of my movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.