Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one extract a file from Keynote?

After covering for Apple on several different compatibility issues, I'm too embarrassed to ask a client to extract files from thier powerpoint and resend them to me. I am unable to find a way to access the files within thier presention. I tried option-clicking the file but the "show package contents" option is not there. I must be missing something... Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 2:28 PM

PowerPoint files are not package files where you can access individual files, they are containers, a single file encoded with all the data. Video files however might be held in the same folder as the PPt file, if there is a folder present.

Individual images imported into PowerPoint such as TIFF JPEG PNG will be in the Keynote package.

Keynote files are containers, and can be accessed through the open package contents:

option command O or option right click

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2013 2:28 PM in response to FriendlyDan

PowerPoint files are not package files where you can access individual files, they are containers, a single file encoded with all the data. Video files however might be held in the same folder as the PPt file, if there is a folder present.

Individual images imported into PowerPoint such as TIFF JPEG PNG will be in the Keynote package.

Keynote files are containers, and can be accessed through the open package contents:

option command O or option right click

How does one extract a file from Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.