Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning Wheel while using FCP 7

Hi, I just bought a new 21" iMac, specs:

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB memory

OS X 10.8.2

over 800GB free space

I'm running Final Pro 7.3, everything was working fine up untill last night when I started getting the spinning wheel of death for everything I did (about 5 sec waiting). When I open FCP I also get the wheel for about 10 secs before it opens the project. I've tried deleting FCP preferences, that didn't work. I've opening up different projects in FCP and they all do the same thing. I thought it was maybe something with my comp, but CS6 seems to be working just fine.

Please help, and thanks in advance

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 11:34 AM

5 replies

Mar 13, 2013 1:03 PM in response to mugsy1

How did you delete your preferenes? The best way is to use digital rebellion's preference manager

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2491

Have you installed any new software or updated anything recently?

Here are a bunch of fcp troubleshooting tips

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2591

Go thru these methodically and let us know what happens.

Feb 2, 2014 7:27 AM in response to Jim Cookman

It would SEEM to indicate that I've media on my system... but I don't. Not a shred. All my media is on an external drive that was excluded from TimeMachine already.

This is a straight-up FCP 7 glitch that appeared on Mountain Lion and has persisted.

I'm telling people because after trying every fix in the forums--reinstalling software, disabling all plug-ins, reducing render and playback settings, trashing prefs and cache with pro software, etc etc etc, the simple fix that saved me was turning off Time Machine, plain and simple. And it worked. It shoudn't have been causing the problem, but it was.

Spinning Wheel while using FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.