Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with connecting to Internet

Hi there, I am having problems connecting to the Internet on my old PowerBook G4.

I have full signal strength but the page won't load. Once I go through the network diagnostics, it loads momentarily, but as soon as I try to navigate to a different site, it kicks me off again and it doesn't work. Has anyone had this happen before? I originally thought it might have something to do with my keychain password because it asked me for it at first... any help would be appreciated.

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 12:56 PM

3 replies

Mar 11, 2013 6:24 PM in response to Mollykins123

Hi,

What PowerBook G4 do you have? I do know the older Titanium series were notorious for rotten airport signal strength which was later corrected in the Aluminum PowerBook G4's.

What you might want to try is go into /System/Library/Preferences and find com.apple.airport.plist and trash that.. having a new plist for airport will possibly fix the problem, or you can do a PRAM reset by holding down the option+command+p+r.

If none of those work, get a signal booster to boost airport signal..or forget the onboard airport which is slow anyway and get a USB Wireless G or N or combo B,G,N wireless adapter.

Help with connecting to Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.