Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Uploads Originals Not Edited Pics To Shared PhotoStream

I came back from a vacation, loaded a bunch of pictures into Aperture, made my edits including edits to metadata and then loaded them into a folder, selected them all and hit Share to create a new PhotoStream. When the PhotoStream was created, I immediately noticed that the pictures being loaded were the originals, not the edited files. I quit Aperture, opened iPhoto, deleted the pictures in the Shared Photostream and then shared them again from the same folder this time using iPhoto. All the photos loaded correctly this time meaning the edited versions got uploaded.

Why does Aperture share the originals and iPhoto shares the edited versions? Is something set wrong in Aperture or is this a bug? I rarely use Aperture but get so frustrated with the buggy, constantly crashing iPhoto that I have no choice.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac 3.06 GHz 24, Mac OS X (10.7), 4 Gigs RAM

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 12:53 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank,

There are no settings in Aperture -> Preferences -> Photo Stream regarding which image to upload. In fact, I couldn't locate any preference setting anywhere in Aperture that would give a user the choice to upload the original versus the edited version of the file.

This looks like a bug to me unless I'm really missing something.

Mar 24, 2013 3:51 AM in response to Eric D.

Eric, your Aperture acts differenty from mine. What is your Aperture version? Have you upgraded to 9.4.3?

When I share to the Photo Stream, Aperture will upload the current version; the original will be uploaded directly after import, if the stream is set to "Automatic Upload".

Infact, I can add as many new versions to the stream as I want. Only I have to share again after each edit.

Three versions of the same image in My Photo Stream.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Mar 26, 2013 4:58 PM in response to léonie

Léonie,

I am running the same version as you but I want to clarify, I'm talking about Shared Photo Streams (ie the private stream you create and invite friends to view) not my personal Photo Stream. I haven't watched the behavior of my Photo Stream but as you said, since it's set to automatically upload, it will upload the originals.

The problem I have is when I create a Shared Photo Stream, it uploads the originals, not the edited files and there doesn't appear to be anyplace where that's set. In iPhoto, it always uploads the edited versions.

Aperture Uploads Originals Not Edited Pics To Shared PhotoStream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.