Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bundle/trunk/team WiFi and Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet adapters?

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro (retina) and I'm wondering if it's somehow possible to bundle/trunk/team the built-in WiFi adapter with a thunderbolt gigabit ethernet adapter ?

I quite often find myself in situations where I'd like to plug in a network cable to eg. connect to my NAS at 1Gbps for faster transfers or unplug the cable to take the computer to another room. Only problem is, I'm almost always transferring files to/from my NAS, up/downloading from the internet or something, so I have to either A) Wait for transfer to complete, then plugin/unplug network cable or B) just plugin/unplug cable and then restart the transfer. Both options are annoying, so I'm thinking that if the two adapters were teamed/bundled/trunked then I would be able to seamlessly switch between the two connections without disconnecting the transfer. I once talked to a guy who had done it on linux, so I'm hoping it's possible on OS X aswell.

Any help/hints/tips are greatly appreciated. Thanx :-)

- Martin

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Thunderbolt GbE NIC

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:37 PM

1 reply

Bundle/trunk/team WiFi and Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet adapters?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.