Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shameful that you can not delete purchased history. Is your history in the end! No control over your own data.. Is there any plan to go back to normal and allow people to control their data?

Shameful that you can not control your own data. In the end is your history and you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

Is there any plan to go back to normal and allow people to control their own data?

MacBook, iOS 4.3.2, bla bla bla

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:11 PM

7 replies

Mar 11, 2013 3:17 PM in response to vali2

Right, and the minute you accidently deleted the one most important item from your Purchased history list, you would be the first to scream about the conspiracy that Apple has going with the Music business to make you purchase things you already paid for.....

What if you accidently deleted ALL of your purchased items in some alterted state frenzy. Then who would be raising holy **** with Apple for not keeping backups of backups just in case you did something stupid....

Who cares what's in the purchase history. You don't have to look at it. Delete it from your library if you don't want to look at it.

In the mean time just be glad that someone is protecting the valuable items that your PAID GOOD MONEY FOR!!!!

GB

Mar 11, 2013 4:05 PM in response to gail from maine

Totally in agreement, Gail,

And it's not just the benefits of our ability to replace lost music or Apps. I often use my purchase list for checking out the data on apps without having to close what I'm doing. It can be an excellent reference point.

I'm afraid, vali2, that it is what you get that is normal.

Message was edited by: seventy one

Mar 12, 2013 12:48 PM in response to gail from maine

In the mean time just be glad that someone is protecting the valuable items that your PAID GOOD MONEY FOR!!!!

That is living in a dream world with false security. Those purchases are only redownloadable so long as the content is still available in the iTunes/Mac App Stores. Apple constantly tells folks that they need to back up their content and that Apple is not responcible should a user fail to od soand the content should be removed from the iTunes/Mac App Stores.

You should always have an appropriate backup scheme in place or you may reap nothing but sadness in the future.

Shameful that you can not delete purchased history. Is your history in the end! No control over your own data.. Is there any plan to go back to normal and allow people to control their data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.