Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware Test Error Code

I recently ran extended Apple Hardware Test on my 24" iMac (early 2008) with the following results:

Error code: 4M0T/1/40000003:HDD-1344

Can anyone please tell me what this means?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 3:56 PM

Only Apple technicians have access to those codes. A list is not available to the general public.

6 replies

Mar 11, 2013 5:57 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for your help.

Before I take my iMac down to my Apple Authorised Service Provider I was wondering if there is there a more extensive test I can run myself to more precisely identify the problem and possibly fix it?

(i.e. does Apple have anything similar to chkdsk/r and the other utilities that you can use to identify and sometimes fix problems with Windows-based computers??)

Mar 11, 2013 6:18 PM in response to JohnLeeRQ

JohnLeeRQ wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Before I take my iMac down to my Apple Authorised Service Provider I was wondering if there is there a more extensive test I can run myself to more precisely identify the problem and possibly fix it?

(i.e. does Apple have anything similar to chkdsk/r and the other utilities that you can use to identify and sometimes fix problems with Windows-based computers??)

You can purchase Disk Warrior if you want but you are probably far better off taking it into a professions. DW is about $100.00 and will not address a fan issue, it's only for your HD.

Apple Hardware Test Error Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.