Previous 1 2 3 Next 113 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2015 1:29 PM by gbmcinephoto Branched to a new discussion.
Esor Asil Level 1 (0 points)

I have a jumpy erratic curso that moves and selects without me touching the trackpad at all. It's driving me crazy. It makes it practically impossible to use my macbook.  The trackpad is clean. I'm literally not touching it when the arrow moves around and selects things. When I try to move the arrow/cursor, it either moves jumpily or selects anything it passes over. Help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • rocky_sahota Level 1 (5 points)

i have the same problem to with my unibody late 09 macbook and im going to call apple 2morrow about and see if they can do anything

• sweet22 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem. It occured right after I updated Snow Leopard with the 2013 Security update. Everything was fine prior and now my macbook is useless while connected to a monitor and using magic track pad.  When disconnected from monitor and not using the magic trackpad, the macbook built in trackpad seems to be fine on its own. But the update definitly broke my magic trackpad. Help!

• jamalibaloch Level 1 (0 points)

Mine is behaving erratic since this morning, it was working fine last night. The only thing I remember to install before this is the security update by apple.

I have my macbook pro (early spirng 2011) for past two years and I never saw this before,  dont' know what to do !

• Janiwo Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having the exact same problem after I updated to 10.8.3 (now that I recall, it could be the most recent security update)  on my mid 2009 13" MBP.  It's crazy!  I first thought someone hijacked my Mac with Back to my Mac or Teamviewer or some other remote accessing.

I ggogled around but to no avail.

It's completely useless now after it starts acting up...  Restarting, clearing PRAM nothing works. 

I have no problem with my 2012 11" MBA...

• Giovanni Jubert Level 1 (25 points)

Same here!

• thewinesnob Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem with 2011 MacBook Pro.  All startedd after latest OS upgrade. I tried disaabling Bluetooth and that worked for a few hours.  Tried using a mouse and while it is a little better, machine is useless!

• Rifftrader Level 1 (0 points)

Ditto.

• hazaryildirim Level 1 (0 points)

Same here! It would only stop for a few minutes and than start up again. Any solutions ?

• thewinesnob Level 1 (0 points)

So far I have discovered that there are no fixes for the trackpad. I did however change the settings in accessibility where I checked the box to disable the trackpad when an external mouse is present. With this setting and an external mouse, the trackpad no longer works but I can once again use my MacBook.  I am therefore assuming that the trackpad is kaput and I need a hardware change. Will confirm once I have an opportunity to bring it in to a store.

• Janiwo Level 1 (0 points)

Went to the AppleStore Shibuya here in Tokyo this afternoon.

Showed the Mac and when the cursor started to move on it's own to the Genius who took my case.

He said that Apple does not have any answers but recommended me to wipe the whole machine, and do a fresh reinstall.

Lame answer! 

• Esor Asil Level 1 (0 points)

I took my laptop to the genius bar. The genius used the trackpad for 5 seconds and said that the trackpad is made of glass and that it must of cracked. He replaced the trackpad. Problem solved. Thank goodness it was still covered under warranty!

• Germanfromqld Level 1 (0 points)

What really dissapoints me is watching so many reports  already and Apple doing nothing, no updates, nothing, thye only seeing. I can't even write this sentece, it's so frustrating, pist me off, I can't use my MacBookPro since last weekend. This is stupid, hope they fire the guy responsable of this bug. Just when I need my PC more than ever!!!

• DTLay Level 1 (0 points)

Same here.  I've also noticed the keyboard will be sluggish, the screen will sometimes act as if I'm triple swiping for no reason.  Hitting ESC will get it back in order, but only for a bit.  No problems I've noticed with external mouse, just the touchpad.  Have tried shutting everything down, but no discernable software pattern. 

This *****.  Change it.

• BigMattFromTheNorth Level 1 (0 points)

Same happening with me. It's not a glass issue as the same is happening on two MBPs ever since the last update. I thought it was a virus at first. I haven't found a resolution yet but hope Apple get their act together soon as it makes the MBP almost unusable. I've tried playing around with the trackpad settings and it made no difference. I first noticed it when I changed my Energy Saver settings. Not sure why that would trigger it but almost immediately after that, it started to misbehave. I restored all settings and the same problem occured. I'm convinced it's happening as a result of the recent update.

Previous 1 2 3 Next