Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up used iPad 1st Gen from iPad

My friend bought a used iPad from his friend. He doesn't know how to set it up, so he'll be coming to my house tomorrow so I can help him.

I just thought of something, though.

He WON'T be able to use MY computer to set up his iPad, so he'll have to set everything up via the iPad itself.

He has an existing email account on his PC which will be at his house.

My question: Is it possible to set up his iPad (apple i.d., itunes account, etc) straight from his iPad (1st Gen, used)?

I'm figuring that he'll have to access his email account which he can do from my computer, to verify things.

Another thing I just thought of is, I'm sure the person restored everything but what if they forgot to deauthorize the iPad from their computer?

Sorry this is so long, I want to help my friend and then realized he can't set it up via my computer.

It's a 1st Gen wifi, 64GB.

Thanks!🙂

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 10:32 PM

7 replies

Mar 12, 2013 1:57 AM in response to Cåts

Immediately after you erase all content and settings, the iPad will start the configuration. See setup iPad step by step.

Setup step by step

1. Turn on iPad

2. Set Language; tap arrow on top right

3. Set Country; tap Next

4. Enable Location Service; tap Next

5. Setup WiFi (connect to internet)

6. Setup as new; tap Next

7. Sign-in with Apple ID

8. Agree with Apple Terms and Conditions

9. Enable iCloud

10. Enable Find My iPad

11. Register iPad

12. Start using iPad

Setting up used iPad 1st Gen from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.