Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone Won't Call One Number

Help - my IPhone won't call my Dad's phone number. It starts to call and then just ends the call. Happens every time and has been like that for two months. His number works fine from any other phone (our house phone, my husbands IPhone). I deleted the contact entirely from my phone and put in the number without any additional information and the same result. Still won't call. He is my emergency contact, so I am concerned that I can't call him from my cell phone at all. How do I fix this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:43 AM

28 replies

Mar 12, 2013 6:00 AM in response to april158

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes, manually, even with all his contact info deleted, still won't call. Even with the 1.

My carrier says there is no block.

Completely restored IPhone and before doing any back-up, tried to call and the number still doesn't work.

Going to get my Dad to call his carrier to see if he blocked me by accident. Since the phone doesn't even get to the point of ringing, it's hard to imagine the phone company can block it. Seems like it would need to try to connect first.

Any other ideas??

Much appreciated.

May 9, 2013 4:05 PM in response to shawal16

Actually I did - when my Dad got his new phone there was an option to block the caller that he somehow hit accidently. On his phone, it is an option really easy to hit from every contact. As soon as he turned it off, I was able to call him again. So, definitely check to make sure your phone and the other person's phone don't have a call blocking feature turned on, before doing everything else.

Nov 4, 2013 10:43 AM in response to fromsouth

I actually have the exact same problem. It´s my wifes phone, I checked that there is no block on either side. I have an iPhone 4s IOS 7, she has an Android phone.

one minute we can call and text eachother, then it suddenly stopped. Call tries to go out, but ends right away with no message.

I tried to put the sims in an old phone, and there was no difference with her sim, but when I took my sim and changed phone it all worked again. As soon as I put the sim back in my iphone it stopped working... Grrr.

I reset network settings, I rebooted the phone, checked all blocks over and over again but still no luck.

h e l p ...

Nov 4, 2013 11:39 AM in response to fromsouth

Thanks again!

i called them and there is no block on either phone. They both have the same carrier and I own both of the phones.

The carrier support has no idea, but they suggest I reinstall them both.

16:09 last tuesday everything worked. 16:10 my wife tried sending a message to me and failed. It has not worke since...

email does work though...

IPhone Won't Call One Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.