Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Lion vs AD groups

Hi there,

I hope someone can point me to the right direction here ;-)

We have an OSX Lion server 10.7.5.

Recently we added a fibercard to it with connection to emc storage.

I created in total 6 partitions with each 3 TB on it.

For each partition I created a sharepoint

so far so good, now I added the Active Directory groups as the one with access to it.

I asked someone (who is a member of that group) to test it.

He logged on to his iMac (with his Active Directory account) and could perfectly acces the share as he is supposed to.

That same user logs in with the same account on his Windows 7 machine and he can't acces the share.

The server is not accesible, the given session does not exist, the session is possibly ended already (I had to translate this, probably a liitle different..;-))

Does anyone have an idea where to look, what to do or just anything?

I tried giving a person personal rights to the share (instead of the group), it worked for me, but not for my collegea, I restarted the server, but that also did not help..

I hope someone can help me,

greetings

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 5:24 AM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2013 7:33 PM in response to Eddie1976

Have you enabled Windows File Sharing for the various share points? and started the Windows File Sharing service?

By default the Macs will connect via AFP, whereas Windows machines will use CIFS/SMB. Not starting the Windows file sharing service could explain why the Macs can access while the Windows machines cannot.

Mar 12, 2013 11:38 PM in response to Camelot

Yes, I have.

And i can get it to work on a abnormal way :-)

If i first make the connection on the mac through afp://servername I get a login screen.

I login with my AD credentials and I'm in. (on the mac)

After that I type in \\servername on my Win7 machine and the connection is made and perfect.

So it seems that the connection first has to be made on a mac before i can get the user to work on Win7 with it...

Anyone?

OSX Lion vs AD groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.