Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X Tutorials?

I have a project requiring the edit to be done on FCPX. Tight deadline of course. Have been editing on FCP 7 for years. I need to do a "crash course" on FCP X in order to get the proj. done by deadline. Know nothing about FCP X at this point so I'm wondering if there is a GREAT tutorial/book/DVD which can get me up to speed - literally - in the shortest possible time? Any suggestions? Basically, I want to go from "zero" to competent in the shortest time possible. I may be "stuck" with FCP X for a while so I'd also like to "learn it right" from the start. Thanks for any assistance!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 7:52 AM

9 replies

Mar 12, 2013 8:50 AM in response to R. Bruce Perry1

One thing to be aware of, that course was written for version 1 of FCP X and since then there have been several significant changes to even some of the basic operations.

So if you find something doesn't work as expected, post in this forum.

Incidentally, I find that having to go to a website to watch tutorials can be a pain.

Safari can't download them but Firefox with the DownloadHelper plugin can!

P.S. I find it just as easy to use my own video clips to practise on.

Message was edited by: Ian R. Brown

Mar 13, 2013 7:56 AM in response to R. Bruce Perry1

https://www.udemy.com/final-cut-pro-x-training/

I was in your shoes a few weeks ago.

John Lynn's covers 10.0.7 & answers questions online.

For $19 which includes media the best deal in town to get you started.

This was so good that I bought a few gift subscriptions for friends.

To see what I ddid with X see the HD videos in herflix found on Youtube.com

Mar 13, 2013 9:38 AM in response to R. Bruce Perry1

I can recommend my own books from the Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM) "Final Cut Pro X - How it Works".

Yes, video tutorials are great and they have their advantage. In my books, I concentrate on the understanding of the concepts with lots of diagrams and graphics that gets you started with the "understanding" of the app not just the "knowledge" to click here and there. Of course, all the functionality is also covered. Check out the screenshots on my website Graphically Enhanced Manuals and you know what I mean.

An even more engaged learning experience are the interactive multi-touch ebooks for the iPad. I released most of my books in that format too with interactive glossary, links and all that. This is by the way the future of textbook learning.

Althouhg self-published without a big publisher behind me, my books are endoresd by Apple with a link on their FCP website next to the official Apple Training books.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Mar 14, 2013 2:53 PM in response to R. Bruce Perry1

HI ---

there are plenty videos out there but there is ONLY one that spoon-feeds you ;-)

And that is larry jordan.

http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/Store/catalog/index.php?cPath=64

The guy certainly has his OWN way of telling things...But trust me... It STICKs... to your brain like flies to sh++++🙂

Coming from PPRO I bought a lot of tutorials and his was second,third, fourth to none

FCP X Tutorials?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.