Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am thinking of getting a ipad mini, should I get a 16gb or 32gb? I will mostly use it for taking or storing photos and a some apps and music.

Which should I choose? 16gb or 32gb, 32gb is like £50-£100 more and so I would like to just get a 16gb but I'm not sure if its enough for what I want?!

iPad

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 10:37 AM

You can probably get by on the 16, but will have to manage your data and can't hoard as much. The 32 gives you more wiggle room.

That said, I have a 16 and have a couple dozen apps, 3 movies, 4 albums hundreds of documents and varying amount of photos and have a couple of gig free.

The general rule, since the iPad isnt' expandable in any way, is to go for as much memory as you can afford. But if you avoid movies you can probably get the 16.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2013 10:37 AM in response to Thesmithy98

You can probably get by on the 16, but will have to manage your data and can't hoard as much. The 32 gives you more wiggle room.

That said, I have a 16 and have a couple dozen apps, 3 movies, 4 albums hundreds of documents and varying amount of photos and have a couple of gig free.

The general rule, since the iPad isnt' expandable in any way, is to go for as much memory as you can afford. But if you avoid movies you can probably get the 16.

I am thinking of getting a ipad mini, should I get a 16gb or 32gb? I will mostly use it for taking or storing photos and a some apps and music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.