Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I insert a page break in pages all of the words below move downwards but the pictures in the document stay in the same place? How do I get the pictures to move down with the text and stay in their original position relative to the text?

When I insert a page break in pages or type something/insert something towards the beginning of the document all of the words below move downwards but the pictures in the document stay in the same place? How do I get the pictures to move down with the text and stay in their original position relative to the text?

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 12:32 PM

You have to make the images inline instead of floating.

Select an image and click on Inline in the Format bar or in the Inspector palette > Wrap tab

User uploaded file

3 replies

May 5, 2014 1:41 PM in response to johnfromcedar park

johnfromcedar park wrote:

You have to change every single image.

No you don't.

Use a placeholder shape to accept your images and make that whatever setting and style you want and then duplicate it.

Option dragging is a quick way to get a copy.

It is the better way to work, unless you want Images to be anchored and therefore have some flexibility with their positioning. Unfortunately whilst anchoring has improved in Pages 5 over Pages '09 it is still very hard to control.

Peter

When I insert a page break in pages all of the words below move downwards but the pictures in the document stay in the same place? How do I get the pictures to move down with the text and stay in their original position relative to the text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.