Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Graphics Card Upgrade?

I find it extremely irriatating that I can't upgrade my graphics card in my Macbook. I spent the extra money for the 4GB of RAM and 250GB Hardrive and my computer has been awesome for almost 6 yrs. I have a GOPRO now and my fast computer can't handle 1080P video with the (INTEL GMA x3100) b/c it only has 144MB of VRAM when go pro standard is 250MB. ***? Apple wonders why their stock is capitulating and Im glad I didn't fall for the Iphone and Ipad what a waste that would have been. I have a new ASUS tablet that rocks! Can play full 1080P videos just no software yet to edit. Anyone having issues with their GOPRO and MAC Book Graphics card?

Cheers!

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 11:47 AM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2013 4:00 PM in response to frederic1943

Thats great but I didn't want a gaming machine nor did I mention gaming at all.Your comment does not help me. I'm just ranting about Apple's strategy to make consumers constantly upgrade an entire product rather than components to achieve desired performance. I only posted this because I know there is no means of physically upgrading the graphics card. The lineage of Pro VRAM is completely useless to me becasue I own a "MAC BOOK" purchased in 2007! I was simply interested to find out if anyone had any other solutions to handeling GOPRO media to edit and produce despite the graphics card. No points for you my friend.

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2013 8:56 AM in response to HWH3

So I did some research. Turns out imovie11' can actually optimize 1080P video clips for editing and better play back and then reproduce them back to High Definition. This is problem if you are still running snow Leopard however, it is possible to get imovie11' on 10.6.8 I happen to copy it from my wife's computer and add it to my applications and the program works with 10.6.8 reference:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4062404?start=0&tstart=0 So if you have a GoPro and you are worried about getting your videos to playback correctly, it can be done with imovie'11.

"When you want something done, you do it yourself"

Cheers!

HWH3

Video Graphics Card Upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.