Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air screen flicker

Ever since I started using my 11" MacBook Air with an external monitor in lid-closed mode, I noticed that the laptop's screen has developed a flicker. Any ideas on how I might be able to remedy this?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 1:31 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 9:22 AM in response to lwake

It is an easy fix. Over time, some of the internal settings on the video card begin to drift from their idea/ original settings (as you delete and add programs). All you need to do is to restart your computer in "SAFE MODE" and the settings to your video card while be restored. Simple start your computer and when you hear the "start-up sound" immediately hold down the "SHIFT" key until you are in SAFE MODE. Your computer will take a few minutes to start as the settings are reset. After SAFE MODE is in operation, simply shut the computer off again and restart-- your computer should be back to normal!

MacBook Air screen flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.